A passionate and results-oriented Machine Learning & Data Science professional with a solid foundation in Molecular Biomedicine. I excel in bioinformatics, research, and software development, and am proficient in Python, R, and C++ programming languages. My skills include analyzing complex data and implementing cutting-edge machine learning algorithms for a wide range of applications in the life sciences field.
2020–2023 BSc Machine Learning & Data Science, University of Copenhagen
- 💡 Completed masters level courses on machine learning theory, advanced deep learning theory, and generative graphical models, where I gained a deep understanding of the mathematical foundations of machine learning, advanced architectures for deep learning, and the ability to model complex distributions and data generating processes using graphical models.
- 🎓 Attended the Gaussian Process and Uncertainty Quantification Summer School at The University of Sheffield, UK (Sept 2022) where I gained hands-on experience with Gaussian Processes and their applications in machine learning and optimization.
2018–2020 MSc Molecular Biomedicine, University of Copenhagen
- 🔬 Conducted a head-to-head study comparing two different conjugation systems and virus-backbones for antigen display, investigating the effect on the antibody response in mice.
- 📝 Published the findings in the MDPI journal Vaccines (2021)
2015–2018 BSc Molecular Biomedicine, University of Copenhagen
May 2021–present: Bioinformatics Student Assistant, LEO Pharma A/S, Ballerup
- 🖥️ Developed a backend utilizing Python and Django for handling high-dimensional data, providing API access for integration with multiple front-end interfaces.
- 🤝 Worked in a shared codebase (git) for efficient collaboration.
- 🔍 Designed and implemented data analysis pipelines for gene expression data.
Apr–Jul 2020: Research Assistant, Center for Medical Parasitology, University of Copenhagen
- 🦠 Assisted in the development of next-generation vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 by creating spike-protein variants in insect cells.
- 📖 Contributed to the publication “Capsid-like particles decorated with the SARS-CoV-2 receptor-binding domain elicit strong virus neutralization activity” in the journal Nature Communications (2021).
- Programming: Python, R, C++
- Data Science: Data visualization, data wrangling, data analysis
- Machine Learning: Supervised learning, deep learning, generative models
- Biology: Molecular biology, biochemistry, immunology
- Languages: Danish (Native), English (Fluent), Japanese (Business level, JLPT N2)
2019–present: Network Administrator, Industrikollegiet, Copenhagen
- 🌐 Self-taught networking skills and administrated the network infrastructure for the dormitory, troubleshoot and resolved network issues, trained and assisted other residents.
2022–2023: Treasurer, Industrikollegiet, Copenhagen
- 💰 Managed budget and finances for the resident council, assisted in the planning and facilitation of events and activities for the dormitory community.
2022-2023: A Fully Convolutional Neural Network Model for Masked Amino Acid Position Identification
- 🧪 Using a 3D U-Net architecture to learn the amino acid propensities from voxel representations of protein structures.
- 🔍 Investigating the effects of masking different portions of the protein structure on the accuracy of the model.
2022: Generative Latent Variable Model for Protein Sequences
- 🧬 Trained a variational autoencoder using multiple sequence alignment as input.
- 📈 Compared the performance of the model to a similar model using importance weighted autoencoder.
2021: Developed a Stand-Mixer Tracker System
- 📍 Utilized machine learning and web technologies to predict and display the location of a shared stand-mixer in real-time.
- 🌐 Implemented a random forest classifier and a dashboard using Plotly Dash.
- 🛠️ Used an ESP8266 microcontroller to gather location data, and PostgreSQL, Flask, and Docker for data storage and deployment.
- 2018–2023: Peter og Emma Thomsens Legat
- Monthly stipend awarded based on outstanding academic performance.
- 2018, 2019: Novo Nordisk International Talent Program
- Summer schools at National University of Singapore and University of Tokyo.
- 2017: Scandinavia-Japan Sasakawa Foundation, Rudolph Als Fondet, Ingeniør Ad. Cléments Legat
- University exchange at Osaka University.
- Fougeroux C, Goksøyr L, […], Fredsgaard L, […]: Capsid-like particles decorated with the SARS-CoV-2 receptor-binding domain elicit strong virus neutralization activity. Nature Communications. 2021 link
- Fredsgaard L, […]: Head-to-Head Comparison of Modular Vaccines Developed Using Different Capsid Virus-Like Particle Backbones and Antigen Conjugation System. MDPI Vaccines. 2021 link